Open by Appointment
30 minute appointments on Tuesdays and Wednesdays are required for browsing the collection and using the computers.
Tuesdays 1:00 pm – 6pm & Wednesdays 12:00 pm – 3:30pm
- Call the Library at 715-263-2802. Tell us your name and if you want to browse or use the computer.
- We are limited to how many people can be in the library at a time.
- Our space allows us 1 staff member, 1 browser, and 1 computer user.
- Please let us know if you need to bring a second person. That person can only be a family member.
The Library Board of Trustees has approved several new protocols for the health and safety of the staff and patrons.
- Please do not schedule an appointment if you are ill.
- To avoid contact with Village Office employees and Police Officers, our entrance has been moved to the rear of the library (the glass door by the children’s section).
- A gravel walkway has been installed.
- A hand sanitizer will be at our new entrance and you will need to use it before continuing into the Library.
- Staff member will take your temperature with a no contact thermometer.
- Masks are required for patrons over the age of 2.
- Six feet social distancing MUST be maintained.
- Public restrooms, water fountains, toys, sitting areas, and headphones ARE NOT available for use.
- Return items should be dropped in our regular return bin, (located next to the main entrance).
- Personal bags will NOT be allowed past the check in station. We have a table for you to set your bags on.
- Browsing baskets are available.
- Our Circulation Department has been moved to the office. Please bring your library card. Staff member CANNOT touch item(s) that you are checking out. You will need to hold your item(s) up to the office window so staff member can scan. You will not get a receipt.
If you are uncomfortable with any of this new procedure, curbside pickup service will continue and you are encouraged to use that service.
We appreciate your continued support of the Clear Lake Library.
1. E-mail request list of materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Refine request list by using Advanced Search on the online catalog: more.lib.wi.us
3. Requests should be only items that are on the MORE Library System as indicated on the online catalog: more.lib.wi.us.
4. Request list must include: patron name, patron library card number, preferred pick up day (Monday: 12:00 – 3:00 pm, Wednesday: 4 pm – 7 pm and Friday: 9 am – 12:00 pm), name of item, author, and call # (Ex: Hide, Lisa Gardner, FIC GAR)
5. Please limit the number of items you request: 5 DVD’s, 10 books, 3 books on CD.
6. Please allow staff 48 hours to respond to your request. We are not working every day and there are no weekend hours. We are only allowed 1 person in the building at a time and have to be careful not to interfere with normal village operations.
7. Once your request list is filled, you will be assigned a specific day and time to pick your items up at the library (Ex: Friday, May 8th at 9 am). Pick up days/times for each week will be Monday: 12:00 – 3 pm, Wednesday: 4 pm – 7 pm, and Friday: 9 am – 12:00 pm.
8. Once your request list is filled, you will be assigned a pickup number (Ex: 20). Please write this number down on a piece of paper that can be displayed in your car window so Village Employee can see it from inside the building.
9. Pick up location is in the front parking lot and spot is marked.
10. To avoid contact with Village Employee, please remain in your car until your bag of items with your number (Ex: 20) has been placed outside of the building on the table by the Library Book drop and employee has closed the pick up window.
11. Staff will use gloves and a mask when handling the items but you still might want to quarantine the items for up to 96 hours.
12. Please return items to our regular return bin.
13. Please be patient with Library Employees. This service is new for us. We will refine the service as needed.
14. We miss you and appreciate your continued support of the Clear Lake Library.