The Clear Lake Public Library provides exhibit space consistent with the Library’s mission, programs, and services.
- All exhibits and displays are to be approved by the Head Librarian prior to set up.
- Exhibits and displays are presented in an equitable basis, regardless of beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting space.
- Religious and political exhibits and displays are permissible for informational purposes. Displays which proselytize for a single point of view will not be permitted.
- Exhibits and displays may not involve the sale, advertisement, solicitation, or promotion of commercial products. The provision does not exclude sponsored exhibits, approved art exhibits, exhibits primarily informational in content, or exhibits containing advertising involving a variety of beneficiaries.
- The Library is not responsible for any items that are lost, damaged, or stolen while on exhibit or display.
- Allowing a presentation, exhibit, or display to occur in the Library does not imply an endorsement of the content by the Clear Lake Public Library Board or staff.
The Head Librarian shall be responsible for the administration of these policies and to assure that Library use conforms to the mission of the Library.
CONDITIONS OF APPROVAL/DISAPPROVAL
The Head Librarian shall have authority to impose reasonable conditions of approval or disapprove any application.
Any applicant may appeal any disapproval or condition(s) of approval under this policy to the Clear Lake Public Library Board. The Board meets the first Tuesday of each month and the applicant should ask to be on the agenda.
Adopted February 5, 2002
Back to Policies page